My First Dance Class
RAPA Ts and Cs
For your 1st dance lesson
For your first lesson you can wear anything you feel comfortable in and which will allow you to move freely. Most baby ballets's like to wear their favourite prince or princess outfit or leggings and their favourite t shirt. Older children feel confident in leggings and a vest top of some sort.
Uniform is only required once you have trialed your class and have signed up. We do have some smaller size spare dance shoes you can borrow or bare feet is fine. No tights or socks please to prevent slipping on the studio floor. School shoes work brilliantly for your first tap lesson :)
Please bring with you your £5 for your lesson and give to your teacher (not applicable for baby ballet).
Enjoy your lesson!
Directions to the Dance Studios
Park around the back of the school in the playground - Park Lane.
Come in the triple white doors, turn left and past the hall, turn right and then up the stairs and then through a heavy door and left all the way along the long corridor to the Dance Studio's at the end. Someone will be there to Welcome you and show you the changing rooms. :)
For Parkour & Acro
Parking is the same and then it is the double white door below the Big Alphabet to the Gym.
Safeguarding & Child Protection Policy
RAPA Dance recognise the need for the welfare and safeguarding of children to be a main priority for all staff employed by the school. We recognise that it is a priority for all adults working with children to maintain a safe environment and appropriately refer any concerns or incidents of a child protection nature to children’s services.
Section 11 of the Children Act 2004 places a statutory duty on key people and bodies to make arrangements to safeguard and promote the welfare of children. In addition this guidance should be considered alongside the Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education Guidance, issued to support educational organisations in meeting their responsibilities under sections 175 and 157 of the Education Act 2002.
As an independent supplementary school RAPA Dance is led by the statutory guidance and implements appropriate processes to ensure that children on the school’s register are subject to a safe environment.
Children within the school are provided with an environment where they are able to approach any member of staff should they have a concern or they are feeling anxious about something that has happened to them.
The school places a high importance upon the emotional welfare of children who attend and believe that a healthy and supportive environment encourages maximisation of potential as the child develops.
RAPA Dance is committed to the welfare of all pupils and prioritises a child friendly safe and secure environment within the classroom/studio in which children feel able to enjoy the time spent there.
This is particularly noted through the importance placed upon response to any concerns that may arise around bullying of pupils. The Principal would speak to the victim in the first instance and their parent/s or guardian to gain a deeper understanding of the issues that may have arisen, teaching staff would be made aware of the situation so that monitoring can take place and a mentor offered to the victim in the form of an older student.
The alleged perpetrator and their parent/s or guardian would also be spoken to with clear guidelines around appropriate behaviour and these expectations then put in writing.
ON SITE & GENERAL SAFETY
RAPA Dance, dance class timetable is run out of studios and spaces that are rented and not privately owned thus making them available to the public during hours of the school operation. Although it is un common for outsiders to be able to enter the school we cannot be held responsible for any incident that occurs outside of the classroom/studio as these are public areas. We insist all children are accompanied to and from the buildings due to them being open to the public. (Please see our terms and conditions). When onsite and not in the classroom we also require children to be accompanied by an adult when waiting for classes where possible. We understand children come after school for activities during the week and encourage parents to stay with their children especially up to at least secondary school age. If parents leave their children (under the age of 18years) unattended that is their individual decision but we cannot be held responsible for this choice as our “loci parentis” responsibility is in the classroom situation as that’s where our staff are during their timetabled hours. If children should find themselves on their own outside then we do allow children to sit in the studio quietly doing homework or other quiet activities that do not distract from the class in session. If those waiting in the classroom become a distraction to the lesson in progress then the teacher does have the right to request they leave should disruption become detrimental to those in the lesson and parents will then be contacted at this point for pick up. There is to be no smoking anywhere on Ratton School grounds.
All staff and volunteers have regular DBS checks and many are licensed chaperones.
Any staff member or volunteer who assists with performances or school trips has a minimum of a DBS with the majority of these holding a current chaperones or matron’s license that has been obtained from the local authority in which they reside.
If an allegation is made against a member of staff or volunteer this will be managed in accordance with the Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education guidelines with a copy of this kept on the school’s premises.
PHOTOGRAPHY AND SOCIAL MEDIA
Any photography taken at RAPA DANCE is taken with complete consent via the terms and conditions form, unless requested otherwise. Any photographs or video taken of any children from parents with more than one child will be for private use only and will not be shared o any social media sites.
RAPA Dance is a registered Performing Arts provider with ISTD and as so, is required to collect and manage certain data. We need to know parent’s names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses. We need to know children’s’ full names, addresses, date of birth and Education school, along with any SEN requirements. We are requested to provide this data to East Sussex County Council, Tunbridge Wells Council & other performing council areas; this information is sent to the Local Authority via a secure electronic file transfer system.
RAPA Dance is required to hold data on its Teachers; names, addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, date of birth, photographic ID such as passport and driver’s license, bank details. This information is also required for Disclosure and Barring Service checks (DBS) and proof of eligibility to work in the UK. This information is sent via a secure file transfer system to Capita for the processing of DBS checks and generally obtained by the teacher themselves. DBS Numbers and date of issue are also held on a central staffing record.
1) The right to be informed
Personal details are kept only for the purposes of running the school efficiently. Data will be kept secure at all times. We will only submit your information to a relevant third party in the event we have a safeguarding concern and/or we are required by government bodies or law enforcement agencies to do so. We also need to submit your personal information to the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing and to any councils for the purpose of obtaining a BOPA license required for all dance shows and festivals. The only other place your data is shared is on our fully compliant GDPR online software. All paper copies of children's and staff records are kept in a locked filing cabinet in Ratton School which is situated in our own lockable cupboard for Ratton Academy of Performing Arts only.
Once enrolled at the school, our main point of contact is via email. However, we may phone you if necessary. We also have a Facebook page (RAPA The Ratton Academy of Performing Arts) which you can contact us on and we will reply. Text messages may be sent to you in the event of class alterations, cancellations, reminders or a last minute update. Members of staff can have access to these files but information taken from the files about individual children is confidential and apart from archiving and necessary admin work, these records remain on site at all times. These records are shredded after 2 years of a person leaving RAPA Dance unless otherwise requested.
Information about individual children is used in certain documents, such as, a weekly register, medication forms, disclosure forms. These documents include data such as children's names, date of birth and sometimes address. These records are shredded after the relevant retention period, such as end of term, end of a show etc.
RAPA Dance stores personal data held visually in photographs, flyers or video clips or as sound recordings, unless written consent has not been obtained via the Terms and Conditions. No names are stored with images in photo albums, displays, on the website or on RAPA Dance social media sites. RAPA Dance will keep pictures and video content for the use of advertising purposes only for up to 3 years from a student leaving unless otherwise requested.
Access to all Office computers is password protected. When a member of staff leaves, these passwords are changed in line with this policy and our Safeguarding policy. Any portable data storage used to store personal data, e.g. USB memory stick, are password protected and/or stored in a locked filing cabinet.
Chaperones for RAPA Dance shows and festivals will be given access to children’s information such as names, any allergies and also a contact number in case of an emergency. This is to keep all children safe at all times whilst in our care. This information will be password protected on an encrypted device for the licensed chaperone’s use only or on hard copy which will be with the chaperone at all times. After the show is finished these details will be deleted/shredded and the password changed. In the lead up to any show or festival the information used to set dressing room allocations and quick change plans will be kept in a locked cabinet in Ratton School. It will only be taken home where absolutely necessary to produce a safe and well organised order of events for the said performance.
Should you wish to leave RAPA you have the right to be removed from our mailing list and for all online and hard copy data to be deleted so long as there are no outstanding fees or issues that need dealing with first.
RAPA Dance may also hold and use a database of contact details for our legitimate business interest. You can opt out of marketing messages from us at any time by emailing email@example.com
2) The right of access
At any point an individual can make a request relating to their data and RAPA Dance will need to provide a response (within 1 month). RAPA Dance can refuse a request, if we have a lawful obligation to retain data but we will inform the individual of the reasons for the rejection. The individual will have the right to complain to the ICO if they are not happy with the decision.
3) The right to erasure
You have the right to request the deletion of your data where there is no compelling reason for its continued use. However, RAPA Dance has a legal duty to keep children’s and parents details for a reasonable time*, RAPA Dance retain these records for up to 3 years after leaving, Staff records must be kept for 6 years after the member of staff leaves their post, before they can be erased. This data is archived securely onsite and shredded after the legal retention period.
4) The right to restrict processing
Parents, visitors and staff can object to RAPA Dance processing their data. This means that records can be stored but must not be used in any way, for example reports or for communications to exam boards.
5) The right to data portability
RAPA Dance requires data to be transferred from one IT system to another; such as from RAPA Dance to the Local Authority, for performance BOPA licences, and dance Associations for examinations. These recipients use secure file transfer systems and have their own policies and procedures in place in relation to GDPR.
6) The right to object
Parents, visitors and staff can object to their data being used for certain activities like marketing or research.
7) The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
Automated decisions and profiling are used for marketing based organisations. RAPA Dance does not use personal data for such purposes.
This Policy was reviewed in March 2020
Signed on behalf of RAPA Dance ..EMMA CRONK .
'RAPA' Dance T's & C's
These terms and conditions apply to THE RAPA DANCE lessons given to students, applied for and consented to by the parent or guardian (referred to hereinafter as “student”). Changes to these terms and conditions require the written consent of RAPA DANCE.
Lesson times, fees and details are given in the “Timetable”, the “Online/Paper Registration Form” or the “Invoice”. A new registration of a student will only be deemed to have been accepted once the registration form has been completed, which agrees to accepting these terms and conditions and appropriate payment for the course. An “Electronic Invoice “is re-issued to students before the next term begins. A record of fees paid is recorded on the schools internal protected database.
* RAPA DANCE offer one FREE TRIAL per genre, per person, subject to signing up for the rest of the term. £5 per trial class is due at the start of each class which will then be refunded off your first invoice on sign up.
* RAPA DANCE require that you pay at least half a terms fees prior to the start of term. The remainder of the fees, if not already paid in full, will be due by the 6th week of term. If payment is not paid by the 2nd week, without prior agreement, then a £5 late payment fee will be implemented. If payment is not made by the half term then the child will not be permitted to dance in the lesson until full payment has been made.
* RAPA DANCE will not issue any refunds for the term for any reason, unless an injury has occurred.
* GDPR - Should you wish to leave RAPA you have the right to be removed from our mailing list and for all online and hard copy data to be deleted, so long as there are no outstanding fees or issues that need dealing with first. Otherwise, RAPA Dance will keep files for up to 3 years after leaving.
* TERM DATES vary between an 11 and a 13 week term. Please see the Website or your invoice for details.
* In the event of your child/you wishing to drop any subjects or to completely leave the school we will require 6 weeks TERM TIME notice or 6 weeks fees in lieu in writing via email. If notice is given during a RAPA holiday period then 4 weeks fees in lieu will be amended on to your invoice. Invoices are sent at the end of the term for the following terms start.
* No refunds of fees will be given for lessons missed and private lessons require 24hrs notice or full payment is required. All private lesson fees are due at the beginning of the lesson not at the end.
* Methods of Payment
CASH IN A SEALED LABELLED ENVELOPE
* No Jewellery is to be worn in class for safety reasons and the correct uniform must be worn at all times. Hair must be neat and off the face with a bun for ballet. No mobile phones.
* Ratton School Staff room is out of bounds to all students and parents, students must use the student toilets located elsewhere in the school.
* RAPA DANCE has a ZERO tolerance to bullying or anti-social behaviour of any kind, including posts or on line social media bullying, whether through issues in class or outside of the studio. ALL reported circumstances will be investigated and followed up with the utmost seriousness. RAPA DANCE reserves the right to exclude students from lessons or withdraw them from the school altogether at its discretion for whatever reason.
* RAPA DANCE reserves the right to make changes to the timetable, classes and to the teaching staff.
* Fees are reviewed every September.
* Students are obliged to take care of their own belongings. RAPA DANCE can accept NO liability for lost or damaged belongings. * Students are advised NOT to bring valuable items into the school. They ARE advised to have all property marked with their name and to keep necessary valuable items with them in the studios and NOT to leave them in corridors/cloakrooms/public spaces within the building.
* The liability of RAPA DANCE and that of its staff is restricted to class times only as published in the current operating timetable. * * A copy of the certificate of liability held by the school is available for anyone to see on request.
* Any child under the age of 16 must be picked up inside the building unless emailed otherwise (age 12 and above)
* RAPA DANCE staff are at liberty to teach what they feel is beneficial to their students in a safe manner throughout the course which is deemed suitable for each different age group / grade. All teachers that work for RAPA DANCE are DBS checked and have the relevant qualifications or professional experience in their specific subject area.
* Classes are controlled and structured following a teaching plan based on ISTD (Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing) syllabi and IDTA (International Dance Teachers Association).
* Students are free to practice, share ideas and artistic content in order to help develop their social skills, class work, the understandings of their peer group and the real world so they get the most from their training in a safe, controlled and productive environment. Classes are controlled and monitored at all times. Should any student be upset or unhappy, it is important that the teacher is informed as soon as possible so that the issue can be resolved. Otherwise RAPA DANCE cannot be held responsible for any repercussions afterwards that may occur.
* Other Training Institutions- RAPA DANCE allows students to train in other areas of the performing arts at other institutions where the subjects/styles are NOT available within the school. The syllabus instruction, content and any festival choreography taught to the students at RAPA DANCE is RAPA DANCE/FREELANCE TEACHER Property and Content and is not to be practised, duplicated or performed at other institutions or at events unless written permission has been obtained from RAPA DANCE on behalf of the teachers or choreographers. Any breach of this code will be treated as a serious breach of copyright and legal action may ensue.
I* n the event of a member of staff being unwell, we will cover the lessons with appropriate qualified staff or the lesson will be made up at another time, half term etc. If for any reason Ratton school should be closed due to adverse weather conditions or for any other reason, then the above will also apply. RAPA Dance will only refund classes if RAPA Dance cancel. Please keep an eye on our facebook page for any changes.
* In teaching dance, there is sometimes the need for physical contact to enable both the correct technique and posture allowing for safe dance practice. Should you wish for this not to be the case for your child then please notify us in writing.
* Exam entries will not be processed without the relevant completed consent forms and examination fees being received in advance. All exam students will be required to attend a minimum of 2 exam coaching classes near the exam. Students will only be entered for exams when the Teacher feels they are ready.
* Requests for festival dances must be discussed with the principal. The principal will then approach the relevant teacher and she/he will contact you regarding times of lessons. All children are welcome to join the Festival.
* Social Media / Photography. Once registered in the school you acknowledge and agree that you or your child can appear in photographs and video footage used for advertising and marketing purposes. Any film footage or photographic content can be used by RAPA DANCE and displayed for permanent use or the notice period of 3 years upon leaving the school. The footage or images will never use a child’s full name without written or verbal consent of the parent. The school show is professionally photographed and filmed by DBS checked and insured professionals in their own right. You understand that the content of these filmed/photographed services are to be paid for and that for copyright reasons cannot be published on your own social media platforms unless you purchase the media and use it for your own personal use. Where another child appears in that photography/footage you must seek parental consent before posting publicly and the choreographer for the choreography of that dance to be released. No photo’s will be published of other people’s children without prior consent from the person involved. No naming or tagging of children on social media.
*Pictures from RAPA will be posted for school purposes on social media or the website unless consent for that particular child is not given.
*All students and parents will conduct themselves in a professional manner when on RAPA grounds or when representing RAPA.
*By enrolling myself, my daughter/son at RAPA DANCE, I confirm that I understand and accept the school policies and its terms & conditions…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
• These terms and conditions are those currently in force from the date below. This document revokes any previous terms and conditions document for RAPA DANCE