RAPA DANCE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
RAPA DANCE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions apply to THE RAPA DANCE lessons given to students, applied for and consented to by the parent or guardian (referred to hereinafter as “student”). Changes to these terms and conditions require the written consent of RAPA DANCE.
Lesson times, fees and details are given in the “Timetable”, the “Online/Paper Registration Form” or the “Invoice”. A new registration of a student will only be deemed to have been accepted once the registration form has been completed, which agrees to accepting these terms and conditions and appropriate payment for the course. An “Electronic Invoice “is re-issued to students before the next term begins. A record of fees paid is recorded on the schools internal protected database.
* RAPA DANCE offer one FREE TRIAL per genre, per person, subject to signing up for the rest of the term. £5 per trial class is due at the start of each class which will then be refunded off your first invoice on sign up.
* RAPA DANCE require that you pay at least half a terms fees prior to the start of term. The remainder of the fees, if not already paid in full, will be due by the 6th week of term. If payment is not paid by the 2nd week, without prior agreement, then a £5 late payment fee will be implemented. If payment is not made by the half term then the child will not be permitted to dance in the lesson until full payment has been made.
* RAPA DANCE will not issue any refunds for the term for any reason, unless an injury has occurred.
* GDPR - Should you wish to leave RAPA you have the right to be removed from our mailing list and for all online and hard copy data to be deleted, so long as there are no outstanding fees or issues that need dealing with first. Otherwise, RAPA Dance will keep files for up to 3 years after leaving.
* TERM DATES vary between an 11 and a 13 week term. Please see the Website or your invoice for details.
* In the event of your child/you wishing to drop any subjects or to completely leave the school we will require 6 weeks TERM TIME notice or 6 weeks fees in lieu in writing via email. If notice is given during a RAPA holiday period then 4 weeks fees in lieu will be amended on to your invoice. Invoices are sent at the end of the term for the following terms start.
* No refunds of fees will be given for lessons missed and private lessons require 24hrs notice or full payment is required. All private lesson fees are due at the beginning of the lesson not at the end.
* Methods of Payment
CASH IN A SEALED LABELLED ENVELOPE
* No Jewellery is to be worn in class for safety reasons and the correct uniform must be worn at all times. Hair must be neat and off the face with a bun for ballet. No mobile phones.
* Ratton School Staff room is out of bounds to all students and parents, students must use the student toilets located elsewhere in the school.
* RAPA DANCE has a ZERO tolerance to bullying or anti-social behaviour of any kind, including posts or on line social media bullying, whether through issues in class or outside of the studio. ALL reported circumstances will be investigated and followed up with the utmost seriousness. RAPA DANCE reserves the right to exclude students from lessons or withdraw them from the school altogether at its discretion for whatever reason.
* RAPA DANCE reserves the right to make changes to the timetable, classes and to the teaching staff.
* Fees are reviewed every September.
* Students are obliged to take care of their own belongings. RAPA DANCE can accept NO liability for lost or damaged belongings. * Students are advised NOT to bring valuable items into the school. They ARE advised to have all property marked with their name and to keep necessary valuable items with them in the studios and NOT to leave them in corridors/cloakrooms/public spaces within the building.
* The liability of RAPA DANCE and that of its staff is restricted to class times only as published in the current operating timetable. * * A copy of the certificate of liability held by the school is available for anyone to see on request.
* Any child under the age of 16 must be picked up inside the building unless emailed otherwise (age 12 and above)
* RAPA DANCE staff are at liberty to teach what they feel is beneficial to their students in a safe manner throughout the course which is deemed suitable for each different age group / grade. All teachers that work for RAPA DANCE are DBS checked and have the relevant qualifications or professional experience in their specific subject area.
* Classes are controlled and structured following a teaching plan based on ISTD (Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing) syllabi and IDTA (International Dance Teachers Association).
* Students are free to practice, share ideas and artistic content in order to help develop their social skills, class work, the understandings of their peer group and the real world so they get the most from their training in a safe, controlled and productive environment. Classes are controlled and monitored at all times. Should any student be upset or unhappy, it is important that the teacher is informed as soon as possible so that the issue can be resolved. Otherwise RAPA DANCE cannot be held responsible for any repercussions afterwards that may occur.
* Other Training Institutions- RAPA DANCE allows students to train in other areas of the performing arts at other institutions where the subjects/styles are NOT available within the school. The syllabus instruction, content and any festival choreography taught to the students at RAPA DANCE is RAPA DANCE/FREELANCE TEACHER Property and Content and is not to be practised, duplicated or performed at other institutions or at events unless written permission has been obtained from RAPA DANCE on behalf of the teachers or choreographers. Any breach of this code will be treated as a serious breach of copyright and legal action may ensue.
I* n the event of a member of staff being unwell, we will cover the lessons with appropriate qualified staff or the lesson will be made up at another time, half term etc. If for any reason Ratton school should be closed due to adverse weather conditions or for any other reason, then the above will also apply. RAPA Dance will only refund classes if RAPA Dance cancel. Please keep an eye on our facebook page for any changes.
* In teaching dance, there is sometimes the need for physical contact to enable both the correct technique and posture allowing for safe dance practice. Should you wish for this not to be the case for your child then please notify us in writing.
* Exam entries will not be processed without the relevant completed consent forms and examination fees being received in advance. All exam students will be required to attend a minimum of 2 exam coaching classes near the exam. Students will only be entered for exams when the Teacher feels they are ready.
* Requests for festival dances must be discussed with the principal. The principal will then approach the relevant teacher and she/he will contact you regarding times of lessons. All children are welcome to join the Festival.
* Social Media / Photography. Once registered in the school you acknowledge and agree that you or your child can appear in photographs and video footage used for advertising and marketing purposes. Any film footage or photographic content can be used by RAPA DANCE and displayed for permanent use or the notice period of 3 years upon leaving the school. The footage or images will never use a child’s full name without written or verbal consent of the parent. The school show is professionally photographed and filmed by DBS checked and insured professionals in their own right. You understand that the content of these filmed/photographed services are to be paid for and that for copyright reasons cannot be published on your own social media platforms unless you purchase the media and use it for your own personal use. Where another child appears in that photography/footage you must seek parental consent before posting publicly and the choreographer for the choreography of that dance to be released. No photo’s will be published of other people’s children without prior consent from the person involved. No naming or tagging of children on social media.
*Pictures from RAPA will be posted for school purposes on social media or the website unless consent for that particular child is not given.
*All students and parents will conduct themselves in a professional manner when on RAPA grounds or when representing RAPA.
*By enrolling myself, my daughter/son at RAPA DANCE, I confirm that I understand and accept the school policies and its terms & conditions…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
• These terms and conditions are those currently in force from the date below. This document revokes any previous terms and conditions document for RAPA DANCE